PFAS-containing AFFF (Aqueous Film-Forming Foam) is a fire suppressant used to fight hydrocarbon fuel fires in aircraft hangars and industrial facilities. These chemicals, which have turned up in drinking water in cities across the U.S., have been linked to non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, birth defects for pregnant women's babies, and various cancers including kidney, testicular, prostate, breast, liver, and ovarian. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimated that PFAS chemicals are in the blood of 98% of the U.S. population. They are also known as "forever chemicals," bioaccumulating in humans with long half-lives and never breaking down in the environment. The Safespill floor is a chemical-free, environmentally friendly fire protection solution, proactively used to fight hydrocarbon fuel fires.
Locations are known to have PFAS contamination
U.S. military bases have contaminated water with PFAS
U.S. states have contaminated PFAS ground water or drinking water
States have banned PFAS-containing firefighting foam
EWG'S PFAS CONTAMINATION MAP
- To transition the world to clean fire protection. For more on our mission, visit our about us page.
SAFESPILL IS AN ALTERNATIVE TO:
- AFFF Systems in Aircraft Hangars
- AFFF Hazmat (Cutoff) Rooms
- Members of Congress, the Department of Defense, the PFAS Task Force, and many other officials are working with Safespill to raise awareness of the scope of the PFAS issue and writing language into legislation, such as the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), to address alternative solutions for chemical-based firefighting foams.
- Safespill is committed to supporting veterans in the community. We are Military Friendly and hold a HIRE Vets award from the U.S. Department of Labor. Working closely with the DoD as a military contractor is a large motivator for our veteran team members.
- In 2020, Safespill was awarded the 2020 gold HIRE Vets award and 2021 silver Military Friendly Employer award. In 2021, Safespill is set to be awarded the 2021 platinum HIRE Vets award and 2022 Military Friendly Employer award.
- Safespill supports Chinquapin Preparatory School, which prepares students in underprivileged communities and schools in the greater Houston area, providing them more academic opportunities for college. The admission team carefully selects these students based on grades, test scores, recommendations, and an interview; they offer scholarships to cover tuition, transportation, and meals. Safespill is a proud supporter of Chinquapin and their students, offering summer internships and recruiting Chinquapin alumni at Safespill.
*Based off 2021 Safespill workforce
- Safespill is a meritocracy. The more value you create, the more benefits in terms of the responsibility you will receive. Successful people at Safespill see themselves as owners of the company and treat it as such. Therefore, we welcome all people, regardless of race, ethnicity, or gender, practicing our core values (self-discipline, teamwork, self-improvement, and quality).
- Questions regarding Safespill’s ESG efforts? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.